Sunday, January 3, 2010

On our way to 31 weeks.....

Happy New Year from the Kayes! It has been a great holiday season and I am very sad that it is over. Hopefully 2010 will bring new and exciting adventures for everyone. Baby Kaye is officially the size of a head of lettuce and a little over 3 pounds. Can you believe she will be here so soon??? The past few weeks we have been slowly getting ready for her arrival. We picked up and assembled the crib and changer. This was very exciting because it came sooner than we expected. I also picked up a few more crafting projects for her nursery including Martha Stewart Tissue Poms (that has been a disaster lol) and making her a hair bow holder. When the nursery is completed I will of course post pictures of my craftiness. It is quite humorous because Saul listens to me discuss my "concepts" for her room every evening!

This weekend we hit up Pottery Barn Kids and found some cute antique letters on sale and also the baskets for her changer (who knew baskets were so spendy)! Saul's sister Alexia was nice enough to lend us a TON of baby stuff including a infantino carrier, diaper pale, boobie pump, and lots of clothes. Each week we are knocking things off the list and my OCD just gets more intense :)

I have been thinking over the past few weeks what I look forward to the most once she gets here. After really thinking about it I feel that her just becoming a part of our family and seeing how she fits in. My sister is going to make such amazing aunt or Douda and I can't wait for her to get to learn from her as she grows. My mom is already an amazing person but I think she will most definitely be an amazing grandmother. Baby Kaye really does not know how lucky she is to have my family. Most of all though I can't wait to see Saul as a dad. He is so hands on already with everything and has created a routing of talking to her in the morning and before we go to bed. His New Years resolution was to be as he would say "an awesome dad" which I know he will be. Well my OCD is telling me to go unload the dishwasher because it is all that is left to do cleaning wise.

I will leave you with a series of random pictures. The first is the changer complete with baskets and all. Please notice the cupcake I hand painted on Sarah's birthday weekend for Baby Kaye and also the silver elephant given to me by Saul while we saved for engagement. The second is a picture of the crib and yes Saul is attempting to climb in. The third picture is of Chanel and I during her jealous moment as I unloaded the clothes . The fifth and final picture is my 30 week belly shot (sorry about the bad view).

Have a great New Year!!!

Love,
The Kayes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment